There is no question that COVID-19 has impacted families everywhere in unprecedented ways. With this in mind, we have developed new standards and procedures for all of our programs in order to keep athletes, families, coaches and the community safe.
The following measures have been implemented in order to keep everyone safe:
- Effective September 22, 2021, all Spirit Athletics employees, volunteers, spectators and participants aged eighteen (18) or older are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. This does not apply to participants under the age of eighteen (18). For more information, please read our COVAX Policy.
- Our Health Screening & Tracking Form must be completed by for each person entering the facility, every new day that they enter the facility. The confirmation screen MUST be presented at the door in order to enter.
- All parents, guardians and spectators are asked to drop off and pick up only. Our “viewing area” is temporarily closed. Exception: parents of athletes under five years old or athletes with special needs or exceptionalities.
- Coaches will meet athletes within five minutes of their schedule class or practice time. Athletes will not be allowed into the facility until greeted by a coach.
- For athletes who choose to line up outside (rather than wait in the vehicle), we ask that they stand on the designated areas on the pavement to ensure six feet distance from others.
- The front doors will remain locked as we must maintain accurate records of those who are entering the facility.
- Any athletes that are late to practice are asked to use the door bell (located near the mail box).
- Athletes and coaches may exit the facility through a separate entrance, but will meet parents back at the main door.
- Temperatures will be taken upon entry via a contactless thermometer; those with a high temperature and/or fever may be turned away.
- Personal belongings should be limited to only necessities (i.e. water bottle, indoor/training shoes, medical items, etc).
- Face coverings are mandatory for everyone entering the facility. Athletes are allowed to remove face coverings when they enter the training area.
- Coaches and visitors are not permitted to remove their face coverings at any time. When stunting/lifting resumes, athletes may be asked to refrain from wearing masks or face coverings, or be asked to wear a specific type of mask or face covering, due to safety concerns.
- All training will consider a physical distance of six feet between athletes and coaches.
- In the event of any hands-on spotting of skills by coaches, sanitizer will be used by coaches between athletes when applicable.
- Washrooms are only available in the event of an emergency. All athletes, members, coaches, etc are strongly encouraged to use the washroom at home before and after classes.
- Equipment and surfaces will be sanitized between every practice/class.
- Hand sanitizing will be encouraged frequently throughout practices.
We are constantly monitoring this unprecedented situation. As more information becomes available, we will act accordingly in order to ensure the safety and well-being of our athletes and coaches, and their families. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve this experience and keep everyone safe, we welcome you to reach out and let us know.